2015 was a year of wonderful accomplishments for Precision CrossFit. I listed as many as I could think of here. Know this, many of these things could not of been achieved without the support of Team Precision. I say this all the time: Team Precision is all of us. We are a community made stronger by each person, for each one of you is a link in a chain. This chain cannot be broken because of the bond that we all have with each other. Many will try and break it, but they will fail because our love for each other is strong. We are divided by no one. We come together from all walks of life and wear our blue proudly. We do not believe in competition teams. No athlete or group of individuals will ever be bigger than the gym. We believe in the name on the front of the shirt and not about the name on the back, because “Together We are One.” When our athletes represent Precision, they know they are representing all of you. That you want them to succeed empowers them to success. Here is to a spectacular 2016 Precision CrossFit. Let’s get it!
2015 Notable Accomplishments:
- Some of our favorite members got married: the Martinez’s (Ritchie and Sara),the Ogimachi’s (Tom and Alyson), the Verbrugge’s (Matt and Heather), The Plouffe’s (Crystal and Nick), the Marx’s (Greg and Katie), the Chuan’s (Heather and Jon)…to name a few.
- Hunter and Ayse had their second child, Kira.
- Coach Mike published his book “Building a Beast: A comprehensive Guide to Adolescent Strength & Conditioning”
- Crystal Riggs had a perfect meet at National’s.
- Katie Tromello represents us all competing for the GRID Leagues San Francisco Fire.
- Greg Smiley took 3rd at the Nor Cal Masters Competition in the 45-49 division.
- Jessica Goeser, Daimino Stewart, and Alix Furgang took 1st, 3rd, and 1st place respectively in their divisions at the 2015 “Code 3 Beach Cities Battle.”
- Katie Tromello, Crystal Riggs, Chrissy Barron, Nathan Doud, and Danielle Marino all qualified for the American Open in the sport of Weightlifting.
- Deanna Douglas qualified for University Nationals finishing
- Team Precision finished 93rd out of 4,440 Teams in the world in the CrossFit Games Open.
- Team Precision finished 7th in Southern California in the CrossFit Games Open.
- Team Precision finished 17th in all of California and 9th in So Cal. at the California Regional.
- Jessica Goeser finished 101st in the world and 7th in Southern California in the CrossFit Games Open.
- Jessica Goeser finished 23rd at the California Regional.
- Coach Mike coached Chelsey Grigsby to a 6th place finish at the California Regional.
- Alison Locke finished 4th in the CrossFit Games Open Master’s Qualifier to earn her first trip to Carson.
- Alison Locke finished 5th at the CrossFit Games in the 60+ division.
- Coach Mike coached Bill Grundler to a number 1 ranking in the CrossFit Games Open, and a 2nd place finish at the CrossFit Games in the 45-49 division.
- Coach Mike coached James Grundler and Dan Wells to a 14th and 20th place finish at the CrossFit Games in the 40-44 division.
- Mike Tromello, Daimino Stewart, and Joey Brinton along with Kristen Seckar, Lindsey Deitsch, and Mallory Mazzuca took 1st place in the Code 3 “Triple Threat” in the RX’D Division.
- Christine Rees, Alix Furgang and Rocio Ramirez along with Alyson Ogimatchi, Heather Chuan, and Mandi Vaughn took 1st and 2nd place at the Code 3 “Triple Threat” in the Int. Division.
- The Beachside Beatdown beats more than 20 Precision Teams down while Precision CrossFit sweeps the podium for both the women’s divisions.
- Chrissy Barron & Mitch Sortillon along with Mike Tromello & Jessica Goeser each win the bi-annual Battle Field Ventura County competition.
- Katie Tromello, Jessica Goeser, Daimino Stewart, and Apollo Lewis bring home the coveted Shakedown Trophy with a 1st place victory at the “2015 Winter Shakedown.”
- Crystal Rigg’s took silver at the Waxman’s Gym Affiliate Weightlifting Invitational.
- Crystal Riggs and Chrissy Barron took 1st place at the St. Patrick’s Day Weightlifting Competition, while Crystal takes home award for best overall lifter.
- Katie Tromello, Crystal Riggs, Chrissy Barron, Deana Douglas and Rocio Ramirez took 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd & 3rd in their respective weight classes at the Takano Athletics Weightlifting Invitational.
- Crystal Riggs, Christine Rees, Deanna Douglas Alix Furgang, Rocio Ramirez, and Kenzie Levine took 1st, 3rd, 1st, 2nd, 1st, and 1st at the Team CrossFit Academy Summer Classic Weightlifting Meet.
- Deanna Douglas wins the CrossFit Tavro’s Lift Off.
- Mitch & Alanah took 1st place at the Affiliate League Duo Competition.
- Dom, Peter, Carrie, and Alix took 2nd place in the Intermediate division at the “2015 Summer Shakedown.”
- Greg Smiley, and Mattias Wikstrom took 1st place in the Masters Division at the “Ventura: Dynamic Duo.”
- Greg Marx and Kenzie Levine took 2nd in the Int. division at “Battle Field: Ventura County” competition.
- Greg Marx and Alanah Bird took 2nd in the “Battle Field: Ventura County” competition.
The list goes on and on, and I know I am missing some awesome accomplishments! You all have done so much and it is hard to put into words how special all these accomplishments are. Please add whatever I forgot in. Let’s celebrate them, and solidify why 2015 was an incredible year!
Fitness – Strength – Community
500 M. Row
5 Strict Pull Ups
10 Sit Ups
15 Air Squats
3 Rounds (At a Walking Pace)
10 O.H. Walking Lunges (45/25) (35/15) (25/10) (10/5)
10 HSPU (Adv. Strict)
10 BB Rows (Your Choice)
3 @ 65%
3 @ 70%
3 @ 75%
2 @ 80%
2 @ 85
3 x 1 @ 90-103% (Your Choice)
*Lift your final 3 reps based off feel. If you feel good. Go big!
MIN. 1: 10 Wall Ball (30/20) (20/16) (16/14) (14/10)
MIN. 2: 10 T2B
MIN. 3: 1 Rope Climb
Rest 2 Min.
3 Rounds – (5 Min. Cap)
7 Wall Ball
Roll & Stretch