2016 was a year of wonderful accomplishments for Precision CrossFit. I listed as many as I could think of here. Know this, many of these things could not of been achieved without the support of the Wall of Blue. I say this all the time: Team Precision is all of us. We are a community made stronger by each person, for each one of you is a link in a chain. This chain cannot be broken because of the bond that we all have with each other. Many will try and break it, but they will fail because our love for each other is strong. We are divided by no one. We come together from all walks of life and wear our blue proudly. We do not believe in competition teams. No athlete or group of individuals will ever be bigger than the gym. We believe logo on the front of the shirt is bigger than the name on the back, because “Together We are One.” When our athletes represent Precision, they know they are representing all of you. Your passion for wanting them to succeed empowers them to success. Here is to a spectacular 2017 Precision CrossFit. Let’s get it!
2016 Notable Accomplishments:
- Several baby’s were born or are on the way! Daniel & Katie, Rebecca Johnson, Lully Zimmerman, Sean & Callen, Heather & Matt, Kat & Matt, and Greg & Katie. I know there are more but I am losing count over here.
- James Meyers got married.
- Precision CrossFit expands and opens up the Precision Barbell area.
- Coach Mike wins the Star Physique Award for “Most Inspiring Coach in Health and Fitness.”
- Coach Mike gets named to the Prestigious “Notable Alumni List” for Harvard-Westlake Water Polo.
- Crystal Riggs took 7th at Nationals during Olympic Trials.
- Kristen Seckar and Daimino Stewart take 2nd and 3rd respectively in their divisions at the 2016 “Code 3 Beach Cities Battle.”
- Evan Hardman, Deanna Douglas, and Danielle Marino all qualified and competed at University Nationals in the sport of Weightlifting.
- Team Precision finished 126th out of 4,572 Teams in the world in the CrossFit Games Open.
- Team Precision finished 7th in Southern California in the CrossFit Games Open.
- Team Precision finished 17th in all of California and 7th in So Cal. at the California Regional.
- Coach Mike coached Chelsey Grigsby to a 8th place finish at the California Regional.
- Alison Locke finished 4th in the CrossFit Games Open Master’s Qualifier to earn a 2nd trip to Carson.
- Coach Mike coached Bill & James Grundler to a number 1 & 2 ranking in the CrossFit Games Open, and James to a 6th place finish at the CrossFit Games.
- Evan Hardman, Daimino Stewart, and Aaron Kleefisch took 2nd place in the Code 3 “Triple Threat” in the RX’D Division.
- Daimino Stewart and Danielle Marino each take 2nd in the 2016 Box Crawl Competition.
- The Beachside Beatdown beats more than 20 Precision Teams down while Precision CrossFit sweeps the podium for both the Men’s and Women’s division at every level.
- Smiley, Tom, Lynn and Alix take 2nd in the Intermediate Division at the 2016 Winter Shakedown.
- Team Precision wins it’s 2nd consecutive and 6th over all Battle of the Boxes. While also taking an additional 3rd and 2nd in the RX and Masters Divisions.
- Mike & Emalee Tromello, along with Mitch Sortillon, and Rob Miller and Jenny Edwards take 1st, 3rd, and 1st in their respective divisions at the Toys for Tots Chirstmas Competition at MBX CrossFit.
- Peter Schiavelli and team take 2nd in the Intermediate Division at the 2016 Summer Shakedown.
- Katie Tromello and Tromello Programming athletes Sam Lusk, Bill Grundler, and James Grundler take 2nd in the 2016 Summer Shakedown.
- Danielle Marino, Christine Rees, and Urbana Supulveda of Precision Barbell each take home State Medals in the California state Games going 1st, 3rd, and 2nd in their respective weight classes.
- Rocio Ramirez and Christine Rees take home 1st and 2nd place at the Team CrossFit Academy Summer Classic.
- Deanna Douglas, Rocio Ramirez, and Christine Rees all take home Medals from the 2016 Saint Patrick’s Day Weightlifting Competition.
- Greg Smiley, and Mattias Wikstrom take home their second consecutive 1st place victory in the Masters Division at the Dynamic Duo, while Jenny Edwards and Claudia Ragsdale also earn a podium spot in the same division. Danielle Marino and Jordan Odle take 1st place RX’D in the Advanced Division.
The list goes on and on, and I know I am missing some awesome accomplishments! You all have done so much and it is hard to put into words how special all these accomplishments are. Please add whatever I forgot in. Let’s celebrate them, and solidify why 2016 was an incredible year for the Wall of Blue!
Fitness – Strength – Community
10 Inch Worms
10 Good Mornings
“CAL TO METER ROW REPEATS”
3 x 50 Cal.
*Rest 2 Min.
3 x 500 M.
*Rest 1 Min.
**2 Min. rest between Cals and Meters.
***Convert Cal. to Meters and Meters to Cal. for comparison.
2 MIN. BREAK
5 x 25 Cal.
Rest :30 Sec
5 x 250 M.
Rest :30 Sec.
*Same rest between Cals and Meters.
**Convert Cal. to Meters and Meters to Cal. for comparison
2 MIN. BREAK
Max Cal. Row
*Convert Cal. to Meters for comparison.
**Score = Total Meters and Cal’s Rowed.