Raw Oat and Almond Butter Cookies
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup or honey
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups gluten free oat flakes
- 1/3 cup dried raisins
- 1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder
- With a fork mash the banana in a bowl.
- Add the almond butter, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix vigorously with a fork or wooden spoon.
- Add the oat flakes and raisins. Keep mixing.
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Scoop ¼ cup of the mixture then shape each cookie with your hand. Wet your fingers a bit to prevent sticking.
- Lay the 7 cookies flat on a wax paper sheet and place them in the fridge to help solidify them. Since they’re raw, refrigerate or freeze them if at all times if you want them to last more than a week.
Found this recipe at www.Spartan.com/food-of-the-day