Congratulations to our body fat loss challenge winner, Nick Tracy. He lost 3.5% body fat in 35 days!! He put in the work and made it happen. He will enjoy a free month at Precision, free t-shirt, ATP Mechanix Pre & Post plus fish oil. Woot-woot!! Great job Nick. Also, a shout out to Alanah Bird for coming in 2nd with 3.1% body fat lost and Alix Furgang for losing 2.8%. Great job to you two ladies and all those that competed.
Now for a delicious recipe:
Baked Bison Meatballs from Muscle and Fitness magazine.
What You’ll Need
- 1 medium white onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp canola or grapesee oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Ib ground bison
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated sweet potato
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper
Chef’s Tip: For convenience, I recommend making large batches and freezing (they keep well) for a healthy protein snack any time.
- Prehat oven to 400°F.
- Sauté onion in medium pan in oil for 3-4 minutes on medium heat to soften. Add garlic and sauté another minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands until ingredients are combined.
- Roll mixture into golf ball-size balls and lay on a parchment paper-lined oven tray. Bake for 15 mintues.
I used ground beef instead of bison because that’s what I already had in the house. But I’ve had bison before and it’s delicious. So don’t be afraid to try something new. Also, I used coconut oil instead of canola and I omitted the flaxseed. Hope you try this recipe soon.